Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Veteran's Day 'Thank You'

This past weekend my youngest son walked up to me and said "Here, Daddy. This is for protecting our country and keeping us safe." Along with a big hug he gave me this wonderful drawing:

He went on to explain the finer points of the drawing such as the grenade in my left had and the rifle in my right. He made sure I noticed the army boots and assured me that I actually do have hair. It's just under my hat. I told him thank you and I would put it here for the world to see just as soon as I could. I think it's perfect. I will always treasure those moments.

I served a little over 4 years in the Army. It was a wonderful, eye opening and learning experience. I am glad that our troops are finally coming home and I am thankful for all of the men and women that serve in our Armed Forces to keep us safe and keep this the best country in the world. They are true heroes in my book.

1 comments:

~Mary Jo~ said...

This is almost as good as the drawing of "Daddy as a Cat", which is a masterpiece! Ha ha.