Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Incredible Hulk

I have always loved comic books for the colors and the details. The story line was just an added bonus. I would sit in the floor of my room with a whole stack of them and take in the beautiful art that filled the pages from cover to cover. And hey, who didn't want a pair of x-ray glasses or be able to beat up the sand kicking bully? In fact, I just passed down two milk crates full of comics to my oldest son, who seems to love them just as much as I do. (COOL!!) I have always been more partial to Marvel comics than DC, although Batman is one of the coolest heroes ever.

The picture I have today is of the Incredible Hulk. "The STRONGEST There Is!!!", and, one of my most favorite characters. I drew it a long time ago and I believe I seen it in a magazine as a 'Got Milk' add.


What makes the Hulk so cool is that he never asked to be here. It wasn't his idea that Bruce Banner play around while a gamma bomb exploded (Yes, I know about Rick Jones). And now that he is here all he wants to do is smash someone and then be left alone. N0w I ask you, what harm can come from that? Another reason is that the Hulk has no limit to his strength. The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Now, if you ask Bruce Banner he will tell you that having the Hulk around is a nuisance, but I disagree. How many times have we wished that we could just let our 'inner monster' loose? No regard, no remorse, just let it out and see what happens. Just reach through that little hole in the glass and slap the shit out of someone because they were, purposely, being as annoying as humanly possible.


We seem to live in a society that absolutely has a panic attack whenever someone gets the least bit upset. We've seen it in a restaurant, or while shopping. Someone gets mad and shouts at someone else and, instantly, people are afraid. They have their phones out and have them on stand by, ready to dial 911 (or the Marines, whichever they feel may be needed at the time). I'm not sure why. How do we know the person that just got yelled at didn't have it coming.

I'm not saying that we should just stand by idly and watch as some one gets the dog snot beat out of them because the just happened to wear the 'wrong' color T-shirt through the 'wrong' part of town, or as some crazy person goes tearing through a crowded place shooting at anything that moves. I'm only saying that anger is just another emotion, same as happiness, sadness, fear or even guilt. But we are taught from an early age that getting mad is just wrong. "Stay calm, Don't get upset" Why? I WANT to be upset! I DESERVE to be upset!

There are so many people that go out of their way to see just how mad they can make someone. Maybe its about time we took the Hulk's advice and just start "SMASHING PUNY HUMANS!!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Gary's Greetings said...

Thanks for the compliment. That is always good to hear.