Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Skull and a Snake

I have two versions of the same drawing here. After finishing the first one I took a look at it and decided that something just didn't fit. I discussed this with my oldest son and my girl friend and we all decided that the eye had to go.

After that, I was informed that I needed to add a glob of maggots or another snake, a ball of fire, or a cloud of poot gas coming out of the eye socket. After removing the actual eye I decided that was all the picture needed.

It took me about 3 days to finish this one because I took the time to shade in around each scale individually, something my scanner didn't find as important as I did. (I gotta get a new scanner)
Here is the second and final version of the drawing. I think it turned out very well.

I like dropping myself into a picture like this. While working on this nothing else was in my head. No matter what is going on in my life. All of it goes away when I am drawing. All that is left is me and the idea in my head. It is most definitely a way for me to get away for a while. At least until my 4 beautiful wonder bugs come back to see me. Then I get to watch them make their own little master pieces.

1 comments:

Mayor of Jackieville said...

VERY cool! Your stuff is really good. Keep 'em coming! :)

(btw, I came over from SC's blog) :)